Position Overview: We are looking to hire an experienced Campus Recruiter to support our University Recruiting goals by focusing on building relationships with managers and Universities to recruit the best and brightest talent into the organization. Take direct ownership for successful customer relationships and guide hiring across several business groups within the Kiewit organization. This role will be directly responsible for hands-on event coordination and execution across University campuses to fill the intern and entry-level needs across their select business units.
Location: This position could be based in Woodcliff Lake, NJ, Chicago, IL, Omaha, NE, or Minneapolis, MN.
* Execute the recruiting process end-to-end while effectively utilizing the process, systems and tools in place. * Conduct in-depth intake meetings with leaders to ensure alignment on position, impact and expectations while providing market insights and education. * Plan and execute on-campus recruiting activities across the US and/or Canada * Work with the appropriate hiring managers on requisition approvals, rehire issues and internal/external postings. * Broad knowledge of the business to ensure talent identified is aligned with the right opportunities based on business demands and candidate preference. * Ability to leverage and maintain recruiting technology platforms to drive accuracy of candidate records, activity status, and provide weekly reports to management. * Assess applicant/candidate quality, skills, and fit to identify the best candidate for a position. * Coordinate the offer approval process by facilitating the information flow to appropriate management. * Negotiate with candidates against counter-offers.
* Ability to develop a sourcing strategy and partner with other Talent Advisors as needed to implement this strategy to meet current staffing needs. * Utilize metrics to drive business solutions to add value, raise candidate quality and/or decrease costs. * Assess overall requisition health to ensure timely communications, effective candidate engagement and reduce risk to the business. * Update requisitions daily to ensure proper status including hiring metrics and referral source for all new hires. * Review feedback from Hiring Managers to support quicker time-to-fill and ongoing success with selecting talent for the organization * Partner with business leaders and hiring managers to develop a deep understanding of their needs and the culture of the company. * Responsible for communicating directly with each hiring manager to support their hiring needs. * Work with managers and HR to attract top external talent, leveraging tactics to identify a qualified and diverse candidate pool. * Ability to effectively navigate objections from Hiring Managers and Candidates throughout the recruiting process. * Influence hiring managers' hiring decisions by providing value-adding recruiting-related advice. * Build and maintain effective relationships with candidates through the recruiting process.
* Bachelor's degree preferred * Able to travel overnight throughout the US and/or Canada up to 35% of the time * 1-2+ years' experience recruiting in a fast-paced environment * Proficient in MS Office and applicant tracking systems preferably based in PeopleSoft or SAP * Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver engaging, powerful presentations * Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume of work, coordinating multiple requests to successful completion * Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative * Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time * Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity * Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt * Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills * Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives * Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
* Consistently ranked within the top five of the \"Top 400 Contractors\" according to Engineering News-Record * Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment * 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay * Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year * We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Associated topics: admission rep, assistant registrar, coordinator, enrollment, officer, public safety officer, schedule, student assistant, support staff, transfer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.