Chicago Requisition ID:
Presence St Mary Chicago Department: Daily Hours:Standard Hours:Employment Status:Employment Type:Shift:SUMMARY
The Sterile Processing Technician I under general supervision performs all duties involving the decontamination, cleaning, assembly and sterilization of ancillary department instruments, packaging/sterilization of supplies according to established guidelines. Distributes, sets up, and cleans patient care equipment.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing sterilization services and is responsible for picking cases and supporting the operative team.
- Receives sorts, inspects, decontaminates and cleans all instrumentation and equipment according to established procedure. Removes damaged instrumentation needing repair from service and arranges for service and/or recommends replacement.
- Loads and operates automatic washer/disinfector and/or automatic cart washer according to established procedures and applicable safety regulations. Some manual cleaning may be necessary.
- Loads and operates sterilization equipment according to established procedures and safety regulations. Maintains accurate sterilization records, maintaining all service reports and monitoring records related to sterilizers.
- Performs all cleaning duties in department as needed, and maintains the department according to established guidelines and regulations, free of safety hazards.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required.
One year SPD or related work experience preferred.Computer Skills
Must be proficient with Windows-style applications.
Knowledge of an MMS (material management system), and Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Word) is preferred.Business Unit:
Presence Health Nearest Major Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
Sterile Processing, Medical Technologist, Patient Care, Instrumentation, Healthcare, Engineering
Associated topics: blood collection, laboratory, medical technologist, mls, molecular, scientist, surgical technologist, technician, technician iii, toxicology