We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience and confidentiality while being accurate, friendly and efficient; to accurately scan, price and bag products; to collect proper payment; and to provide proper change if necessary; to process Customer returns accurately and in accordance with Company policy; to answer Customer inquiries by phone or in-person in a friendly and professional manner; and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
* Enter Customer information into database for eligibility of Wakefern programs.
* Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash handling procedures, if applicable.
* Knowledgeable about the various types of products carried in the store.
* Sort and return \"return to stock\" items back to normal location with priority; attention given to refrigerated and perishable items.
* Handle all damaged merchandise in accordance with Company procedures.
* Perform price check functions, if needed.
* Issue and keep information involving rain checks updated.
* Perform Scanrites according to Company procedures.
* Answer phone promptly and in a professional manner and direct as Company policies dictate, issue refunds and Price Plus cards.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
* Be familiar with the functions of digital processing equipment and be able to differentiate between various types of images and related merchandise, if applicable.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Courtesy Desk operations.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to Front-End operations.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy to include uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Associated topics: answer, csr, customer care, customer service, internship, representante de servicio al cliente, representative, service agent, system support, tsr